02 Jan 2020
Summary of MOM announced changes to Process Enhanced R1 Criteria:
From now to 30 Jun 2020
Today, Process Work Permit Holders (WPHs) can continue to obtain R1 status through 2 pathways:
- Skills + Salary: WPHs who possess qualifications/ certifications which are recognised under the R1 framework and paid a minimum Fixed Monthly Salary (FMS) of $1,200 OR
- Experience + Salary: WPHs with a Period of Employment (POE) of at least 2 years in Singapore and paid a minimum FMS of $1,200.
From 1 Jul 2020 to 30 Jun 2022
The R1 skills requirement for all pathways will be updated to at least 2 WSQ Statement of Attainment (SOAs) or equivalent. This requirement can be met through the Composite Assessment for Generic Manufacturing (Process), or with any 2 out of the existing 13 WSQ SOAs rolled out by Association of Process Industry (ASPRI). The list of skills tests for R1 recognition will also shift from the current list of qualifications/ certifications to only relevant WSQ programmes.
The experience criteria will be raised to 3 years and a third pathway will be made effective. The options for the 3 pathways would be:
- Skills + Salary: WPHs who completed relevant WSQ programmes for Process sector and are paid a minimum FMS of $1,200;
- Experience + Salary: WPHs with a POE of at least 3 years in Singapore and paid a minimum FMS of $1,200;
- [NEW] Skills + Experience: WPHs who completed relevant WSQ programmes for Process sector and have a POE of at least 3 years in Singapore.
For finer details, please visit MOM’s website via https://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permits/work-permit-for-foreign-worker/sector-specific-rules/higher-skilled-workers-for-process-sector
ASPRI is committed to helping our members upskill their workforce and defray the training cost. With this new announcement, ASPRI 12th Executive Council has granted extension of the ASPRI Training Subsidy program, offering members 50% off the relevant WSQ programmes course fees, until 30 June 2020.
[CLICK HERE] for the brochure with the terms and conditions.
For enquiries on training related matters: Please contact: Service Quality Unit, ASPRI-IPI at 6795 5700 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For other PCM enquiries: Please contact: Ms. Ouvai / Ms. Pei Ni at 6560 5051
 The recognised qualifications/ certifications can be found at https://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permits/work-permit-for-foreign-worker/sector-specific-rules/process-sector-requirements. The list of skills tests for R1 recognition would shift from the existing list of qualifications/ certifications to only relevant WSQ programmes for the Process sector from 1 Jul 2020.
 Fixed Monthly Salary (FMS) = Basic Monthly Salary (BMS) + Fixed Monthly Allowances (FMA). For more information, please refer to https://www.mom.gov.sg/faq/employment-pass/what-is-a-fixed-monthly-salary.