26 Apr 2021
Ref No: 260421 (2)
In addition to the circular sent on 23 April 2021 [Ref No.: 230421 (1)], please note that in the review of Safe Management Measures (SMM), the following measures are to be looked at:
- Keeping the number of workers in each work zone as small as functionally practicable by implementing discrete projects, zones, trades or shifts (‘Split teams’).
- Ensure that teams from different work zones do not cross-deploy or intermingle.
- Ensure the segregation of workers between production and non-production areas.
- Ensure that contact tracing measures are in place. Companies shall keep track of the Nominal Roll of all workers who have entered the worksite and submit this expeditiously upon request.
- Monitor the health status of all workers and visitors entering the worksite, through temperature taking and checks for symptoms of Acute Respiratory Infection.
Companies are advised to regularly review your SMM and to conduct regular SMM checks at your worksites. Concurrently, EDB Central COVID Operations will be stepping up its audit and inspection efforts to ensure the compliance of SMM and to assist companies in the implementation of good SMM practices at the worksites.
Our Warmest Regards,