27 Sep 2021
Ref No: 270921 (1)
SMM for Stabilisation Phase (27 September through 24 October 2021)
In particular, companies should take note that:
- Permissible group sizes for social gatherings will be reduced to a maximum of 2 persons.
- Work-from-home will now be the default. The 10-day snap work-from-home regime will be suspended.
- Employees, contractors and vendors who are unable to work from home are strongly encouraged to self-test weekly via an Antigen Rapid Test (ART).
- Those who are able to work from home but need to return to the workplace for adhoc reasons may only do so after testing negative via ART.
- Groups of up to two persons will be allowed to dine-in at F&B establishments if all the diners are fully vaccinated. Unvaccinated individuals with a valid negative pre-event test (PET) result, recovered individuals, and children aged 12 years and below may also be included in such groups of 2. If a group comprises 2 such children, both children must be from the same household.
- F&B establishments that are not able to ensure that all dine-in patrons meet the criteria for full vaccination may only operate take-away and delivery services.
- For hawker centres and coffee shops, groups of up to two persons (regardless of vaccination status) may dine in at these establishments.
- The event sizes and capacity limits for congregational and other worship services, cinemas, MICE, live performances, spectator sport events will remain at up to 1,000 attendees if all are fully vaccinated.
- Otherwise, only up to 50 attendees will be allowed without PET. The concession for children aged 12 years and below, who cannot yet be vaccinated, will also apply for these events. Such unvaccinated children may be included in a group of up to two persons if the child is from the same household.
- The Government will enhance the Jobs Support Scheme support to 25% for the period of 27 September 2021 to 24 October 2021 for sectors significantly affected by the tightened measures. Please refer here for details.
- The Government will provide a 2-week rental waiver for qualifying tenants on Government-owned commercial properties. Qualifying tenant-occupiers and owner-occupiers of privately-owned commercial properties will also be given a 2-week rental relief cash payout under the Rental Support Scheme (RSS) . These will offset rent for half the duration of the stabilisation phase. More details on the RSS will be made available on the Inland Revenue Authority Singapore (IRAS) website.
- Cooked food and market stallholders in centres managed by the National Environment Agency (NEA) or NEA-appointed operators will receive a 2-week rental waiver.
Time-limited Rostered Routine Testing (RRT)
Companies with employees that work onsite and are not already subject to mandatory RRT may apply for 8 ART kits per onsite employee for weekly testing of their staff over a two-month period as previously announced.
Applications are open until 13 October and companies with employees who are unable to work from home are strongly encouraged to apply for ART kits. More details may be found here.
Our Warmest Regards,