- This event has passed.
ASPRI Process Industry Prosperity Lohei Dinner 2020
6 February 2020
Close to 650 ASPRI members joined to celebrate the much-anticipated Process Industry Prosperity Lohei Dinner on 6 February 2020 at the Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel to usher in the Lunar New Year of the Rat.
As a precautionary measure to prevent the spread of COVID-19, compulsory temperature taking stations were set up at the registration counter. This did not dampen the atmosphere as many were excited to catch up with one another and celebrate the festivities.
In view of the Phase 2 enhanced R1 criteria from 1 July 2020, an announcement was made by ASPRI’s President Mr Charles Quek on the extension of the 50% training subsidies till 30 June 2020. This was followed by the screening of a video giving attendees a glimpse of work done by ASPRI-IPI, our training division.
Another key highlight was the signing of a Memorandum of Collaboration (MOC) with Singapore Valve Fitting Pte Ltd to collaborate on our existing training courses and jointly develop deep skilling training for instrumentation fitting work.
To improve visibility of the Process industry, another MOC was signed with NUS to incorporate a half day “Process Skill Orientation” in one of their postgraduate modules. Under the MOC ASPRI and NUS would also collaborate and jointly organise, develop, and offer relevant workshops and training courses to the Process sector.
Awards were also given out to the following recipients:
- ASPRI Star Award 2020: Centurion – Lian Beng (Papan) Pte Ltd
- WSH Innovation Award Gold – CYC International Pte Ltd
- WSH Innovation Award Silver: Mighty Engineering & Construction Pte Ltd
- WSH Innovation Award Certificate of Commendation and Bronze: PEC Ltd
- Long Service Award (20 years): Ms. Chantal Quek, General Manager of ASPRI Secretariat
- Long Service Award (10 years): Mr. Thomas Chong, Co-opted Member of ASPRI 12th Executive Council
The night ended with a lucky draw segment where winners walked away with attractive prizes.
We would like to thank all our sponsors who have contributed to make this event a resounding success!