16 Apr 2021
Ref No: 160421 (3)
In an attempt to motivate and build the morale of the migrant workers in the Process industry, the Association is pleased to share with our members the below initiative by ItsRainingRaincoats (IRR) Singapore.
With the support of Ministry of Manpower (MOM) and Singapore Tourism Board team, IRR is organising a one-hour excursion to SG Flyer (excludes travel time) for migrant workers. The excursion includes:
- 30 minutes tour of the Time Capsule
- 30 minutes ride on the Singapore Flyer
SG Flyer has dedicated hours for this activity on Sundays throughout March to June, and as long as employers permit, the activity is approved. For more information, please refer to the ‘Points to Note’ below. To read a press coverage about the first Singapore Flyer excursion organised by IRR on 31 January 2021, please click here.
For further enquiries, please contact Jocelyn at email@example.com or WhatsApp to +65 9109 1722.
Points to Note
- The Singapore Flyer rides for migrant workers will be held on every Sunday.
- Due to limited availability of tickets, only a limited number of tickets can be assigned per site. Tickets will be assigned in multiples of 14 (the capacity of the flyer).
- Tickets will be assigned to workers by location; only workers who live/work in one location can come together in one group.
- Workers will be assigned a time between 11:00am and 1:30pm.
- Each group will spend about an hour on site – 30 mins on the flyer, followed by 30 mins at the Time Capsule.
- Workers need not apply for Dormitory Exit Pass as IRR will send the details to MOM and MOM would provide a blanket approval.
- Workers scheduled for swab test the day before and the day after excursion date should not attend (e.g: if company chooses 2 May, workers scheduled for swab test on 1 May & 3 May should not attend).
- Employers are to provide transportation for workers, but if there are more than 40 workers, IRR will arrange the transportation.
About ItsRainingRaincoats (IRR) Singapore
IRR is a non-profit social initiative that aims to improve the lives of migrant workers in Singapore, by employing authentic and nimble strategies to help improve the quality of the workers’ lives and make them feel valued, appreciated, safe and welcomed in Singapore.
Donation of SingapoRediscover Vouchers
If you are unsure of where and how to use your SingapoRediscover Vouchers, you may donate them to sponsor SG Flyer tickets for the migrant workers in the industry.
For more info on how you can donate, please click here.
Our Warmest Regards,