20 Dec 2019
Ref No.: 201219 (2)
Dear Valued ASPRI Members,
Jurong Island Vision Zero Working Group WSH Learning Journey@Poh Tiong Choon Logistics // Applications to WSH Awards 2020 to open on 9 January 2020
To cultivate a spirit of collaboration among the industry, the Jurong Island Vision Zero (VZ) Working Group initiated a series of Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Learning Journeys. These Learning Journeys, held on a quarterly basis, aim to facilitate cross-sharing of WSH best practices among the VZ companies in Jurong Island.
On 7 November 2019, Poh Tiong Choon Logistics Limited (PTC) hosted a WSH Learning Journey for the VZ companies in Jurong Island. About 20 representatives visited PTC’s chemical warehouse, where they witnessed how PTC had integrated technology into their work processes to minimise hazards. Examples include:
- Implementation of an automated racking system that reduces the risks associated with manual operations;
- A locking mechanism at the loading bays to prevent accidental movement from trailers during loading and unloading; and
- A braking mechanism fitted into PTC’s trailer fleet to prevent uncontrolled reversing during trailer coupling.
The WSH Learning Journey rounded off with the WSH Council giving a presentation highlighting the importance of near miss reporting and how it can improve WSH performance. The Guide to Near Miss Reporting was also distributed to all participants to assist them in the implementation.
Applications to WSH Awards 2020 to open on 9 January 2020
The annual Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Awards recognise companies and individuals who have upheld high safety and health standards at their workplaces.
The WSH Council invites companies who have demonstrated commitment and dedication to WSH, and have put in place excellent WSH systems to apply for the WSH Awards 2020.
Interested applicants can apply for the following awards which will open on 9 January 2020:
- Workplace Safety and Health Developer Awards
- Workplace Safety and Health Performance Awards
- Safety and Health Award Recognition for Projects (SHARP)
- Workplace Safety and Health Innovation Awards
- Workplace Safety and Health Awards for Supervisors
- Workplace Safety and Health Officer Awards
Applicants who wish to know more about the WSH Awards and its application criteria may attend the briefing session:
Date: 10 January 2020 (Friday)
Time: 2:30pm – 4:15pm
Venue: Devan Nair Institute of Employment and Employability (DNI), Halls 1 and 2, 80 Jurong East Street 21, Singapore 609607
As seats are limited, each company may only send ONE representative to attend the briefing.
Scan the QR code below or click here to register your attendance.