06 Mar 2020
Ref No.: 060320 (1)
Dear Valued ASPRI Members,
Overcoming COVID-19 Together: Additional Precautionary Measures • Vendor List for Supplies • Video Resources by MOM
1/3: ADDITIONAL PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES IN RESPONSE TO ESCALATING GLOBAL SITUATION
As of 4 March 2020, the Ministry of Health (MOH) has advised travellers to defer all travel to Hubei province (China) and to defer non-essential travel to mainland China, South Korea, Iran, Japan and northern Italy*.
In addition to previous measures,
1. From 4 March 2020, 2359 hours, all new visitors with recent travel history to Iran, northern Italy or the Republic of Korea within the last 14 days will not be allowed entry into Singapore, or transit through Singapore.
2. All employees with recent travel history to Daegu city and Cheongdo county (South Korea) within the last 14 days and arriving on or after 26 February 2020, 2359 hrs will be required to remain in their place of residence at all times for a 14-day period under the Stay-Home Notice (SHN).
3. All employees with recent travel history to Iran, northern Italy or South Korea, within the last 14 days and arriving after 4 March 2020, 2359 hours will be required to remain in their place of residence at all times for a 14-day period under the Stay-Home Notice (SHN).
If your foreign employees have travelled to any of the areas above within the last 14 days and are arriving in Singapore after 4 March 2020, 2359 hrs, you must do the following:
1. Ensure you can fulfil the additional obligations to bring your foreign employees in. If your foreign employees have dependants, who are not issued any work passes including Letter of Consent, the employees must also fulfil their obligations towards their dependants.
2. Request for MOM’s approval before your foreign employees and their dependants can enter Singapore.
*Refers to the following 8 administrative regions of northern Italy: Aosta Valley, Piedmont, Liguria, Lombardy, Emilia-Romagna, Veneto, Friuli-Venezia Giulia and Trentino-Alto Adige / Südtirol.
2/3: VENDOR LIST FOR SUPPLIES
The Association has received feedback that many member companies are facing shortage of supplies such as masks, sanitisers and etc. With the help of fellow members and partners, ASPRI has put together a list of vendors that you may contact for supplies.
The list can be found HERE
We hope that this would be of help in procuring the necessary items to protect you and your workforce during this period.
NOTE: ASPRI is not able to guarantee on the source or credibility and would advise all companies to do your own due diligence before purchasing.
3/3: VIDEO RESOURCES BY MOM
MOM has continued to produce more videos in multiple languages. With this, there are a total of five videos which you can share with your workers by sending the links to their phones:
Video Title Link
Workers share their experience of being quarantined CLICK HERE
Bangladeshi Doctor Explains COVID-19 CLICK HERE
Bangladeshi Workers Talk About COVID-19 CLICK HERE
Indian Worker Talk About COVID-19 CLICK HERE
Be Socially Responsible CLICK HERE
(English and Chinese)
(Tamil and Bengali)