23 Jun 2020
Ref No.: 230620 (2)
Dear Valued ASPRI Members,
Overcoming COVID-19 Together: The Safe Repatriation of Foreign Workers
SENDING YOUR WORKERS HOME SAFELY
In the event that an employer is required to repatriate a worker, they must observe the following four steps.
Step 1: Ensure their workers have no movement restrictions
Employers must ensure that their workers are:
• Staying in dorms, blocks, Private Residential Premises (PRPs), HDB flats, or decant sites that are cleared of COVID-19
• Not under Quarantine Order (QO) or Stay-Home-Notice (SHN)
For workers staying in dormitories, only those in COVID-cleared dormitories or blocks can be repatriated. This is to mitigate public health risks and minimise the risk of repatriating infected workers back to their home countries.
Step 2: Book their flights early
Employers should check availability of commercial flights and book early by regularly checking:
• Airline websites
• Changi Airport’s website
• iChangi mobile app
Kindly note that flights are currently limited due to the COVID-19 situation.
Step 3: Register their interest to MOM if no flights are available
To register interest to MOM:
1. Download and complete the template. Make sure to enter the details of workers who are ready for repatriation.
2. Log in to register online. A CorpPass is needed.
3. Attach the completed template and submit.
Step 4: Check embassy websites for potential relief flights
Employees should regularly check embassy websites:
• Register for any upcoming relief flights
• Any specific COVID-19-related landing requirements, such as fit-to-fly doctor’s certification or quarantine requirements on arrival
Click here for a list of embassy websites.
EMPLOYERS’ RESPONSIBILITY TO WORKERS
Before foreign workers leave Singapore, their employers are still responsible for their upkeep and maintenance. Employers must ensure the well-being of their workers and remind them to observe safe distancing measures and good hygiene practices.
Here is a list of related resources employers can refer to for more information on repatriating workers:
• Advisory on sending foreign workers home safely
• Status of cleared dormitories and dormitories due to be cleared
• FAQs on sending our foreign workers home safely