19 Jul 2021
Ref No: 190721 (3)
As announced by the Multi-Ministry Taskforce (MTF), the entire nation needs to act quickly to contain the spread of the virus in our community. There will be a tightening of selected Safe Management Measures in Phase 3 (Heightened Alert) from 19 July to 8 August 2021. Details can be found in Annex A.
In particular, businesses should take note of the following:
- Work-from-home remains the default. However, social and recreational gatherings at the workplace will be disallowed. F&B should not be served at work-related events.
- Dining-in at F&B establishments will be dialled back to groups of up to 2 persons.
- Participating F&B establishments that have put in place the necessary systems can allow for dine-in groups of up to 5 persons. This is optional.
- Dine-in groups of up to 5 persons allowed if:
- The individuals are a) fully vaccinated; b)have recovered from COVID-19 (within 270 days); or c) have valid negative pre-event testing (PET) results (in last 24 hours)
- Children under 12 years do not exceed more than half of dine-in group
- Details of the different scenarios can be found in Annex B.
- Wedding receptions will continue at group sizes of 5 per table, without the need for the group to be fully vaccinated. It remains at maximum of 250 persons allowed with Pre-Event Testing (PET). For wedding receptions with 50 persons or fewer, PET will be required for the wedding party only.
- Outdoor (mask-on and mask-off) and indoor mask-on activities can continue in groups of up to 5, in classes up to 50, irrespective of vaccination or test status.
- Indoor (mask-off high intensity) activities reduced to groups of 2, in classes up to 30 including instructor. This is the same for activities including children aged 12 and below.
- These activities can continue in groups of up to 5 persons in classes of up to 30 persons provided all individuals in the class are a) fully vaccinated, b) are a recovered patient, c) or have a valid negative COVID-19 test result covering the duration of the class.
- In view of the tightened safe management measures of various activities until 8 August, the Government will extend the 10% Jobs Support Scheme (JSS) for the a!ected sectors from 26 July 2021 to 8 August 2021. This will provide support to licensed F&B businesses, gyms, fitness studios, performing arts organisations and arts education centres. Details can be found in Annex C.
Updated Advisory for SMM at F&B Establishments
Infographic for Consumers: SMM at F&B Establishments
Infographic for Businesses: SMM at F&B Establishments
Infographic for Businesses: SMM at F&B Establishments for large groups