12 Oct 2021
Ref No: 121021 (2)
The Ministry of Manpower (MOM), the Building and Construction Authority (BCA) and Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB) will implement Fast and Easy Tests (FETs) regime using the Antigen Rapid Test (ART) from 15 October 2021:
- Vaccinated workers who are currently on the 14-Day Rostered Routine Testing (RRT) regime will undergo supervised ART once a week, in lieu of the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests. Unvaccinated workers will be tested twice a week using ART swabs.
- Workers can conduct these supervised ART swabs in their dormitories, place of residence, or place of work.
The new FET-RRT regime will apply to:
- All personnel working in the Construction, Marine and Process (CMP) sectors who are currently undergoing 14 Day PCR-RRT;
- All workers from Manufacturing and Services sectors residing in dormitories;
- Frontline workers working in dormitories and recreation centres;
- Recovered workers who have passed 270 days from their date of symptoms onset or detection of infection;
- All newly arrived recovered workers.
Transition to FET-RRT Policy
The transition from the PCR-RRT to FET-RRT regimes will enable quick and effective detection of COVID-19 infections and provide greater convenience for employers and workers. The updated testing regimes for vaccinated and unvaccinated workers are summarised in Table 1 below.
Your workers will be able to view their FET-RRT schedule on the FWMOMCare mobile application and must follow the schedule when taking their ART. Your workers’ FET-RRT compliance will be based on the ART results uploaded in:
- Swab Registration System (SRS) V2 for Singaporean Citizens and Permanent Residents (SCPR); and
- FWMOMCare for work pass holders.
They may refer to the guides provided on how to upload their ART results respectively.
System Changes to User Applications for Work Pass Holders
As part of the transition, MOM will be making system changes to the respective online platforms and will be sending out customised notifications to the workers. The changes are tabulated in following table.
You will also receive an email from the Health Promotion Board (HPB) to inform you that your workers transiting to FET RRT will be removed from the SRS as they no longer need to be scheduled for PCR-RRT.
Collection of ART kits
ART kits for FET-RRT will be fully subsidised by the Government until further notice. Your workers may collect the ART kits from 15 October 2021. The number of kits provided will be sufficient to last until the end of 2021.
- For workers residing in dormitories, including those in both the CMP and non-CMP sectors, they can collect their ART kits from their dormitory operators.
- For workers in the CMP sectors who are residing in the community and workers that are on the self-swab model, you should refer to the emails sent by your respective sector leads for the necessary arrangements to collect the ART kits.
Employers are required to adhere to the latest Vaccination or Regular Test (VoRT) and FET-RRT regimes. For more information, please access our employers guide to FET-RRT here. For further queries, you may contact your respective sector leads at the contacts below:
Sector Leads’ Contact Information
- Manufacturing or Services sectors workers staying in dormitories (http://www.mom.gov.sg/efeedback)
- Construction sector (https://www.bca.gov.sg/feedbackform), subscribe to BCA’s Telegram Channel for the latest updates, and refer to the BCA Website and advisory here for further information
- Marine and Process sectors (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Our Warmest Regards,