The relevant agencies are closely monitoring the situation surrounding the entry of migrant workers into Singapore, taking into consideration the following:
- The health risks within the country of departure;
- The COVID-19 situation in Singapore;
- The demand for workers in Singapore.
Entry into the country has to be controlled with stringent checks in place to contain the COVID-19 situation in Singapore, and sustainably manage the load on the nation’s healthcare system.
The demand to bring in migrant workers is strong, with entry approval quota being used up quickly once it is released 60 days ahead of time.
Companies are advised to plan ahead (3 months at least) and apply for entry approvals early. If the requests are rejected, companies should try applying again and where required, engage their clients to adjust project schedule or explore other options.
For the latest requirements and processes for Work Pass Holders, please visit https://safetravel.ica.gov.sg/wphl/requirements-and-process
Who should submit this request?
- For work pass holders, including those on Letter of Consent (LOC), this request must be submitted by their employer.
- For Dependant’s Pass or Long Term Visit Pass holders who are not employed (i.e. not issued a work pass including LOC), this request must be submitted by the Employment Pass or S Pass holder’s employer.
Before you proceed, please ensure the following:
- You and your pass holders can fulfil the additional requirements and responsibilities to bring the pass holders into Singapore (www.mom.gov.sg/covid-19/entry-approval-requirements).
- Your foreign employees will fulfil their responsibilities towards their dependants who are not employed (www.mom.gov.sg/covid-19/entry-approval-requirements#for-work-pass-holders-towards-their-dependants-who-are-not-employed).
- The pass holder has a Singapore mobile number. You need his/her number to submit this request.
- The pass holder can travel to Singapore on the planned arrival date and you have checked there are flights/transport for that date.
- If this request is approved, your company is REQUIRED to make the payment as charged, even if the pass holder does not enter Singapore as planned. No refunds will be given as we would have booked and paid for the facilities required for the pass holder’s entry based on this request. The charges are as follows:
– Pass holder’s COVID-19 test (up to $200 including GST). Children who are 6 years old and below this year are exempted from the test.
– Stay at the dedicated SHN facility ($2,000 including GST), if applicable.
When to request for entry approval:
Use our entry approval calculator (https://service2.mom.gov.sg/shn/when-to-apply-entry/) to plan when to submit your request.
If you submit the request:
- From Monday to Friday, by 12pm, you will get the outcome on the same day.
- From Monday to Friday, after 12pm, you will get the outcome the next working day.
- On weekends or public holidays, you will get the outcome the next working day.
DO NOT submit multiple requests for the pass holder within the same application window (from 12:01pm today to 12pm tomorrow). We will only process the first request, and you will not receive any outcome for the others.
Please wait for the outcome, which will be emailed to you. If the request is approved, please complete these steps:
- Confirm the flight/transport immediately and arrange for the pass holder to enter Singapore.
- For all (both new and existing) Work Permit, Training Work Permit and S Pass holders, you must buy a COVID-19 medical insurance for them before they arrive in Singapore. The insurance must have a coverage of at least $10,000 for medical expenses if the workers develop COVID-19 symptoms or test positive within 14 days of arrival in Singapore.
- For all other pass holders (e.g. Employment Pass holders or dependants), they are encouraged to buy medical insurance with the appropriate coverage before entering Singapore as they are responsible for their medical expenses if they develop COVID-19 symptoms or test positive within 14 days of arrival in Singapore.
Note: MOM will take action against pass holders who enter Singapore without a valid entry approval, including revoking their passes. We may also suspend the work pass privileges of their employers.