24 Jun 2021
Ref No: 240621 (1)
In reference to the circular we sent on 21 June [Ref No.: 210621 (2)], the Association would like to update our members on the following details.
As announced previously, all staff who work in settings with unmasked clients / patrons and / or have prolonged and close contact with clients when performing services will be placed on the Fast and Easy Testing (FET) regime, using tests such as antigen rapid test (ART). This will be progressively rolled out mandated by mid-July 2020.
Mandatory FET Regime for F&B Establishments
- From mid-July 2021, this is mandatory for:
- All outlet employees at F&B dine-in establishments (including restaurants, cafes, food courts, coffee shops, hawker centres)
- This is regardlesss of vaccination status
- It includes all part-time/full-time staff and third-party contracted staff (e.g. cleaners)
- Testing is to be done every 14 days
- Testing for establishments (except small businesses in hawker centres) are encouraged to do conduct the Employer-Supervised Self-Swab (ESSS). This supervised swab will be done either on-site at the workplace or via video-conferencing
- Costs for the ART kits and supervisor training (for ESSS) will be covered by the Governemnt for the first three months, until 30 September 2021
FET Regime is also mandatory for staff in the following settings:
- Personal care services (more details will be made available soon)
- Gyms and fitness studios (they can register with Sport Singapore here)
Our Warmest Regards,